mercoledì 2 febbraio 2011

LFC.TV: Carroll: The first interview

After finishing his first session at Melwood and meeting his new teammates, Andy Carroll sat down with the club's official website to give his first interview as a Liverpool player.
Welcome to Liverpool Football Club, how does it feel to be here?
It's just a great feeling. Liverpool is a massive club and it's nice to be wanted by a club like this, never mind turning up and being here with everyone around.
How did you feel when you first heard of Liverpool's interest?
I was a bit surprised and didn't really know what was going on at the time. When I knew it was real and that there was a chance for me to come here I knew it was a great opportunity and I had to take it.
Everything has happened so quickly - has it sunk in yet?
A little bit! Everyone I grew up with is still in Newcastle but as soon as things settle down a bit I'm sure it'll be better.
How did it feel this morning to wake up as Liverpool's new No.9?
It's a great feeling. The No.9 is a big number and the one I wanted. To get it at Liverpool is a great feeling.
It is an iconic shirt at Liverpool with the likes of Rush, Fowler and Torres having worn it - how proud are you to now be following in their footsteps?
That's what I'm hoping for. I want to go out there and play the football that has brought me here. I want to score goals, set up goals and carry on playing football
How much are you looking forward to working with Kenny Dalglish?
That's really exciting. He's a great man, a great manager and I'm looking forward to getting started. He has told me to settle myself in, get fit and get ready to start playing.

Nessun commento: